KKLW Legal Kurzyński Wierzbicki Sp.k. is a Polish law firm that offers a real understanding of the needs and opportunities presented by the Polish market combined with an international standard of service. We work for some of the largest Polish companies, leading international businesses, the public sector and local governments.
Law is our passion. We think and work creatively, which allows us to find solutions where others long gave up. We work every client differently, adapting to its needs and expectations. Our unique business knowledge and experience allow us to understand the goals and business models of our clients.
Our goal is to win: this drives us to action and gives our clients satisfaction in the services we provide.
We believe that our knowledge and experience, also seasoned within international law firms, our enthusiasm, creativity, flexibility and fresh approach, all combine to make an excellent recipe for success.
Fraud and compliance
Acting to the detriment of the company, misappropriation of property, falsification of financial data, corruption, crimes related to bankruptcy, criminal and fiscal offences, crimes against employees' rights, unfair competition, disclosure of confidential information.
Economic turnover is not free from fraud. According to statistics published by law enforcement agencies, over 150 thousand economic crimes are recorded in Poland every year. At the same time, many abuses are not detected at all, or are the subject of civil proceedings (economic, labour).
Preventing these frauds, representation in court proceedings, and seeking redress for damages requires both an understanding of business and comprehensive knowledge of law, finance and accounting.
That is why we have created a service where a team of our interdisciplinary specialists combine these features, which allows us to provide comprehensive, effective support in all cases of commercial fraud.
Based on our experience and jointly implemented projects, we provide assistance in such areas as:
- forensic audit;
- identification of misconduct by means of financial data analysis;
- internal investigations;
- pre-judicial analyses concerning the legitimacy of claims and chances for positive conclusion of a dispute, formulation of procedural strategies;
- Representation in court proceedings (commercial, criminal, fiscal and criminal proceedings) and before law enforcement agencies;
- analyses of areas of risk of fraud and corruption in organisations;
- designing and implementing new internal compliance and control procedures;
- evaluation of existing procedures for detecting irregularities, with periodic testing of their effectiveness;
- designing an information system on potential irregularities;
- designing internal documents such as a code of ethics and anti-corruption provisions in contracts with contractors;
- training on the above topics.
We offer advisory services in mergers and acquisitions, including:
- conducting legal analyses;
- conducting due diligence reviews;
- preparing and negotiating documents related to acquisitions and disposals of companies, enterprises and individual assets, both domestically and internationally;
- providing legal support in raising funds;
- representing Clients in proceedings concerning the concentration of enterprises.
- Advising, in cooperation with the London branch of Hogan Lovells, on the sale of the shares in the company operating the A1 Motorway - Gdansk Transport Company S.A. (GTC S.A.), a part of the Intertoll group, an international road infrastructure developer and toll motorway operator.
- Advising Cargill Poland sp. z o.o. on the acquisition of 100% of the shares in Dossche sp. z o.o., a Polish company belonging to a Belgian food group. The advice involved carrying out a due diligence review, negotiating a conditional share sale agreement and a final agreement, and preparing and carrying out the procedure to notify the Office of Competition and Consumer Protection of a concentration.
- Advising Cargill Poland sp. z o.o. on the sale of one of its subsidiaries involved in the production of animal feed.
- Advising on numerous mergers and acquisitions related to the consolidation of the fitness club industry in Poland, including the acquisition by Calypso Fitness S.A. of organized parts of Holmes Place Poland and the sale of Calypso Fitness S.A. to Benefit Systems S.A.
- Advising the French investment fund ECHEZEAUX GROUPE SAS on the acquisition of a group of companies in Poland operating in the building materials sector.
- Advising the Swedish investment bank SEB Private Equity Opportunity III S.C.A. SICAV-SIF on the acquisition of a Norwegian furniture manufacturer with major assets located in Poland.
- Advising private investors on a consolidation transaction involving La Moda Sp. z o.o. Sp.k. and Złote Wyprzedaże S.A., carried out by converting shares into stocks.
- Advising Swedish investors on the acquisition of shares in two Polish building materials companies through a transaction with the receiver. We also advised the Client in a dispute with the previous owners of the companies.
- Advising Electro-Croon Polska Sp. z o.o., a company from the engineering and design sector, on the acquisition of a majority stake in a Polish company operating in the same sector.
- Advising American Express Group on the spin-off and sale of Merchant Services Poland S.A. to First Data Polska S.A.
- Advising Inwido AB on the acquisition of Sokółka Okna i Drzwi S.A., a leading manufacturer of windows and doors.
- Advising Rolls-Royce plc on the management buyout of one of its Polish subsidiaries operating in the marine engine sector.
- Advising Boeing Corporation on the acquisition of the Polish part of the C-Map group.
- Advising Omya, an international mining group, on restructuring and consolidating its operations in Poland, including mergers, acquisitions and liquidation transactions.
- Advising Veolia Voda SA on the acquisition of a minority stake in Aqua S.A., a water supply operator in Bielsko-Biała.
- Advising Fresenius Kabi on the purchase of an infusion liquid plant from Polfa Kutno S.A.
We offer corporate advisory, including:
- restructuring of business entities;
- optimizing capital structures;
- advising on M&A, divisions and transformations of companies; and on the establishment and liquidation of companies, branches, representative offices, foundations and associations;
- providing ongoing legal services and preparing opinions on commercial law and capital markets.
We offer advisory services in the area of capital market transactions, including:
- preparing internal legal documentation of companies in accordance with corporate governance requirements, including the statutes of issuers and the regulations of supervisory boards, management boards and general meetings;
- advising on the issuing of securities, both initial and subsequent;
- preparing internal documentation and issue prospectuses;
- representing companies before the Polish Financial Supervision Authority, the National Depository for Securities and the Warsaw Stock Exchange;
- advising on transactions concerning the obtaining of financing on capital markets through the issuance of bonds and other debt instruments;
- advising on the fulfilling of disclosure obligations.
- Advising in connection with the consolidation of the fitness sector, including the establishment of the Egurrola Fitness Club network and the drafting of investment agreements for the Calypso Fitness Club network.
- Advising on the multijurisdictional restructuring and consolidation of the CGH group, including the transfer of a UK holding company to Poland, mergers, liquidations and acquisitions, the obtaining of financing both from private investors and as a part of external structured bank financing, and also in the conclusion of a number of investment agreements.
- Advising the Ministry of Sport on corporate issues concerning the state-owned companies PL.2012 + Sp. z o.o. and National Sport Centre - Rozliczenia Sp. z o.o.
- Advising private investors on a transaction involving the consolidation of La Moda Sp. z o.o. Sp.k. and Złote Wyprzedaże S.A., achieved through converting shares into stocks.
- Advising BBI Development S.A. on the development of an investment structure for a real estate project with the use of limited joint stock and capital companies.
- Advising Empik sp. z o.o. on filing a notification of concentration within the framework of a joint project with HDS Polska sp. z o.o.
- Advising a shareholder of a company holding a concession for the management of sections of toll motorways on a joint venture with a foreign investment fund, where the assets of the company holding the concession constituted the main part of the assets.
- Advising an investment bank on the due diligence review of two special purpose vehicles that are the owners of office buildings in Warsaw.
- Advising on the restructuring of companies through share transfers and mergers, including groups such as: Tebodin SAP, Podravka, Statoil, Ikea, TVN24 (merger with Telewizja Wisła sp. z o.o.), Multikino (merger with M-Investment sp. z o.o.) and TUI (acquisition by TUI Scan Holiday Travel).
We work with business entities, banks and financial institutions, advising on complex banking and project finance transactions. We advise the entities providing the financing, as well as the entities using it for their investment projects.
We offer banking and financial advisory, including:
- preparing and negotiating credit documentation;
- debt restructuring;
- analysing credit documentation and collateral agreements for the purpose of consolidating or restructuring the debts of business entities;
- advising on acquiring funds on capital markets, including the issue of bonds and other debt instruments, as well as the issue of shares on the public market.
- Advising CGH Group on the refinancing of its activity in Poland by the bank PKO BP S.A. and private investors.
- Carrying out a legal analysis of credit documentation for BZ WBK S.A., including a number of contracts together with their collateral documentation, and consolidating the granted credits.
- Advising BZ WBK S.A. on financing the purchase of several commercial properties by an investor and securing the financing within a single credit portfolio.
- Advising the Municipal Water and Sewerage Company in the Capital City of Warsaw S.A. on obtaining PLN3.2 billion of financing for the implementation of a long-term investment plan covering the construction of the 'Czajka' sewage treatment plant and the modernization and expansion of the water and sewerage infrastructure in Warsaw.
- Advising the Capital City of Warsaw on the conclusion of a loan agreement with the European Investment Bank to finance the construction of the second metro line in Warsaw.
- Advising Futureal Group, a leading European real estate developer, on financing a PLN83 million investment in Cracow.
- Advising Caelum Development on a number of transactions to obtain financing for the acquisition or construction of shopping centres and other commercial properties in Poland, and then in connection with credit consolidation.
- Advising Heitman International on a transaction to refinance an investment related to eight shopping centres.
- Representing BZ WBK S.A. and Allied Irish Bank in transactions involving the obtaining of financing for the purchase or construction of shopping centres, office centres and other commercial projects.
- Advising ARKA BZ WBK S.A. Real Estate Market Fund on a number of project financing transactions carried out by Erste Bank Oesterreichischen Sparkassen AG in Swarzedz and Gdansk.
- Advising Bank BPH S.A. (now: Bank Pekao S.A.) and Fortis Bank Polska S.A. (now: BGŻ BNP Paribas S.A.) on investment financing transactions.
- Advising EBOR on financing the construction of a factory by Barlinek S.A.Representing Zespół Elektrowni Pątnów Adamów Konin S.A. in connection with financing the construction of a 400 MWe power unit.
- Advising a leading bank in Poland on restructuring the financing of an office building in Poznań, amounting to EUR28 million.
- Advising a leading bank in Poland on financing a real estate development investment in Ursus worth PLN69 million.
- Advising a leading bank in Poland on restructuring the financing of an office building in Warsaw, amounting to EUR11 million.
- Advising a leading bank in Poland on restructuring the financing of a commercial real property portfolio of EUR8 million.
- Advising a leading bank in Poland on financing housing development projects in Lower Silesia, amounting to a total of PLN70 million.
We offer comprehensive legal advice in complex infrastructure projects, public contracts, construction contracts and public-private partnerships. We advise on the preparation and implementation of tender procedures and negotiations, the preparation of draft contracts covering design, construction, financing and operation (DBFO, DBO, BOT, and concession contracts, including those based on FIDIC standards), as well as on the financing of undertakings. We work with both public and private investors.
- Advising Cesas, a Turkish construction company, on a project to modernize and reconstruct two docks in Gdynia for a NATO naval base.
- Advising Veolia Voda S.C.A. on drawing up and negotiating a contract for the operation and management of a water and sewerage system required for the production processes in one of Poland's largest heavy industry plants.
- Advising the Municipal Water Supply and Sewerage Company in the Capital City of Warsaw S.A. on financing a project to modernize the wastewater treatment system in Warsaw.
- Advising the Ministry of Sport and Tourism on drafting the Act on Preparing the Final Tournament of the UEFA EURO 2012 European Football Championship.
- Advising the Ministry of Sport and Tourism on preparing the draft of the Regulation of the Council of Ministers on the conditions for entrusting a special purpose vehicle with the management of the buildings constructed as a result of the implementation of EURO 2012 undertakings.
We offer PPP and concessions advisory, including:
- preparing pre-realization analyses and full project documentation;
- representing Clients in tender proceedings and negotiating contracts concluded within the undertaking;
- advising public entities on the choice of investment structures and the preparation of tender documentation, including PPP contracts or concession contracts;
- negotiating PPP contracts or concession contracts for both public and private investors;
- advising private investors in connection with the preparation of PPP contracts or concessions;
- drafting other contractual agreements, such as loan agreements, subcontracts for construction work, and insurance contracts.
- Advising Gülermak Heavy Industries Construction & Contracting Co. Inc. on a PPP project implemented by the Lower Silesian Voivodship and the Lower Silesian Road and Railways Service. The project included the reconstruction and maintenance of 315 km of the province’s roads of which about 90 km have been reconstructed.
- Advising the consortium of AMS S.A. and Ströer Polska sp. z o.o. on a concession procedure initiated by the Capital City of Warsaw, the aim of which was the development and operation of 1,580 bus and tram shelters.
- Advising "Polish Airports" State Enterprise on a concession agreement for the management and operation of car parks at the Warsaw Chopin Airport (the largest parking project in Poland).
- Advising the General Directorate for National Roads and Motorways on PPP projects involving two tender procedures, including the preparation of the first contract for the construction and operation of a DBFO motorway in Poland and an agreement with an independent engineer. The projects concerned the construction and operation of two sections of motorway in Poland - the Stryków - Pyrzowice section of the A1 motorway and the Stryków - Konotopa section of the A2 motorway.
- Advising the City of Gdańsk on the construction of underground car parks using the construction concession formula.
- Advising the City of Klodzko on a concession procedure for the operation of the urban water supply system and the sewage treatment system.
- Advising the General Directorate for National Roads and Motorways on the preparation and negotiation of concession contracts for the construction of the Świecko - Nowy Tomyśl section of the A2 motorway.
- Advising Veolia Voda S.A. on applying for a concession to run the collective water supply and sewage disposal systems in the City of Będzin.
- Advising the City of Gdansk on expanding its road infrastructure under the PPP formula with modern financing techniques.
- Advising the City of Szczecin on the potential impact on public debt of a water park to be built under the PPP formula.
- Advising the City of Opole on a tender procedure aimed at acquiring a PPP partner to modernize, renovate and extend a sports and entertainment hall.
- Advising Collegium Medicum of the Jagiellonian University on relocating the University Hospital. The PPP formula was one of the methods considered.
- Advising Nickel Development sp. z o.o. on preparing a PPP formula for the extension and modernization of a sports and entertainment arena in Poznań.
- Advising the General Directorate for National Roads and Motorways on the expansion of MOP (Service Areas for Travellers) infrastructure, including the construction of fuel stations and hotel-service infrastructure.
- Advising the General Directorate for National Roads and Motorways on PPP projects covering two tender procedures, including the preparation of the first contract for the construction and operation of a DBFO motorway in Poland and an agreement with an independent engineer. The projects concerned the construction and operation of two sections of motorway in Poland: the Stryków - Pyrzowice section of the A1 motorway and the Stryków - Konotopa section of the A2 motorway.
- Representing Gülermak Heavy Industries Construction & Contracting Co. Inc. in an investment project involving the construction of a tunnel under the Vistula River in Warsaw and a multimodal railway station in Łódź.
- Advising the City of Poznań on the "West Gate" project, comprising the extension of a tram line, the construction of a communications centre, including Park & Ride car parks, and the reconstruction of water and sewerage infrastructure.
- Advising Tyco Fire and Integrated Solutions on the introduction of integrated traffic control systems in Olsztyn and Gdynia and on the City Tram project in Łódź.
- Advising Gülermak Heavy Industries Construction & Contracting Co. Inc. on a PPP project implemented by the Lower Silesian Voivodship and the Lower Silesian Road and Railways Service. The project included the reconstruction and maintenance of 315 km of the province's roads, of which about 90 km have been reconstructed.
- Advising the consortium of AMS S.A. and Ströer Polska sp. z o.o. on a concession procedure organized by the Capital City of Warsaw aimed at the construction and operation of 1,580 bus and tram shelters.
- Advising the City of Gdańsk on the building underground car parks using the construction concession formula.
We have a unique experience in the aviation industry. For more than eight years we have been advising "Polish Airports" State Enterprise on numerous complex investment projects, transactions, regulatory issues and disputes. We have provided advisory services to airlines on many occasions, in particular with regard to regulatory obligations, consumer protection and obligations towards passengers.
- Advising "Polish Airports" State Enterprise on the process of breaking up the monopoly on the ground handling services market covering the supply of aviation fuel to the Warsaw Chopin Airport. The advice also covered issues related to the construction, financing and management of critical fuel infrastructure.
- Advising "Polish Airports" State Enterprise on many investment projects related to the extension of the Warsaw Chopin Airport, including the modernization of Terminal 1. This was the largest airport investment project in Poland.
- Advising "Polish Airports" State Enterprise on entrusting the management and renting of retail and food zones of Terminal 1 of the Warsaw Chopin Airport.
- Advising "Polish Airports" State Enterprise on the acquisition of real estate from PLL LOT S.A. along with LOT's fuel and lubricant storage base (LOT MPiS).
- Advising "Polish Airports" State Enterprise in disputes concerning the Warsaw Chopin Airport, including representation in a court dispute with the operator of the duty free & travel zone at the airport.
- Advising Wizz Air Airlines in disputes with the Civil Aviation Authority and the border protection authorities, in administrative disputes over its transport operations, and in disputes with passengers (including compensation related to flights).
We are a member of the Railway Business Forum and we advice Clients on:
- the construction or modernization of railway infrastructure within tender procedures and at the stage of contract execution, also on the basis of FIDIC;
- the maintenance of railway infrastructure and the costs thereof, including regulatory issues in this area;
- claims in construction processes (claim management) at all stages of the proceedings.
- We also represent Clients in railway infrastructure disputes and in cases concerning liability for accidents related to the use of railway infrastructure.
- Advising PKP PLK S.A. on the construction or modernization of railway infrastructure.
- Representing PKP PLK S.A. in numerous disputes concerning the construction or modernization of railway infrastructure.
- Advising Gülermak Heavy Industries Construction & Contracting Co. Inc., as part of the Astaldi-Gülermak-PBDiM consortium, on the construction of the second metro line in Warsaw.
- Representing the creditor in the arrangement and bankruptcy proceedings of Przedsiębiorstwo Napraw Infrastruktury Sp. z o.o., one of the largest railway infrastructure contractors in Poland.
- Advising and representing Clients in proceedings before the Court of Competition and Consumer Protection in cases related to rail transport.
- Advising Clients, including the Ministry of Sport and Tourism, on infrastructure maintenance costs.
We advise on the implementation of complex energy projects, including renewable energy. We have a unique experience in matters related to fuel storage. We work with leading energy companies, investors, fuel suppliers and project operators. We develop structures and methods of financing energy investments.
For a number of years our energy practice has been recognised in the prestigious EMEA Legal 500 ranking.
- Advising 'Polish Airports' State Enterprise on the development and implementation of a business model concerning the strategy for supplying aviation fuel to the Warsaw Chopin Airport.
- Advising Polenergia S.A. group on the construction of offshore wind farms in the Baltic Sea area and other energy projects.
- Advising DONG Energy Renewables Polska Sp. z o.o. group on the construction of wind farms in Poland.
- Advising PGE Energia Odnawialna S.A. on numerous wind farm projects in Poland.
- Advising and representing Polish Power Grids S.A. in tender proceedings concerning the construction of energy infrastructure.
- Advising Polish Energy Partners S.A. on numerous wind farm projects in Poland.
- Advising Borusan Manesmann Boru Sanayi Ve Ticaret A.Ş. on deliveries of transmission pipes for Transmission Pipeline Operator GAZ-SYSTEM S.A.
- Advising the Gdansk Economic Development Agency on a project for the construction - with the participation of a private partner - of a power plant/heat and power plant with a minimum capacity of 400 Mwe, as well as associated infrastructure.
- Advising the Gdansk Economic Development Agency on the development of a concept for the construction of a thermal waste treatment plant.
- Advising Gaz-System on the construction of a submarine pipeline connecting the natural gas transmission systems of Denmark and Poland.
- Advising Samsung C&T and Yenigun Insaat Sanayi ve Ticaret A.S. during tender proceedings concerning the construction of the PERN "Przyjaźń" S.A. oil terminal in Gdansk.
- Advising Energa S.A. on its business development strategy.
- Advising Energa S.A. on the privatization of the Ostroleka Thermal Power Company.
We offer comprehensive real estate and construction advice. Our portfolio includes a variety of projects, including small plots of land, shopping centres, film studios, factories, and the largest office buildings in the centre of Warsaw.
For a number of years our real estate practice has been recognised in the prestigious EMEA Legal 500 ranking.
We offer real estate and construction advisory, including:
- conducting due diligence reviews of real estate;
- advising on the acquisition and sale of real estate (including share deal transactions);
- preparing and negotiating lease and tenancy agreements, as well as comprehensive commercialization;
- preparing and negotiating - as part of construction processes - contracts with general contractors, including contracts according to FIDIC and NEC standards;
- preparing and negotiating contracts with contract engineers and project management contracts;
- providing advice in tender proceedings and in administrative and court proceedings concerning, among other things, building permits, building conditions, environmental decisions and environmental protection.
- Representing ITI companies during the sale of Media Business Center – an office facility / TV studio of the TVN television station in Warsaw.
- Advising TVN S.A. on construction processes in numerous construction projects.
- Advising BBI Development on many real estate investments in Poland. Our advice included the commercialization of an office/retail building on Plac Unii Lubelskiej in Warsaw.
- Advising BZ WBK S.A. on financing an apartment and office complex in Wroclaw.
- Advising "Polish Airports" State Enterprise on the commercialization of parts of Terminal II at the Warsaw Chopin Airport.
- Advising "Polish Airports" State Enterprise on the acquisition from PLL LOT of real estate located in the vicinity of the Warsaw Chopin Airport.
- Advising Calypso Fitness, a leading fitness club operator in Poland, on the takeover of organized parts of Holmes Place Poland, combined with the renegotiation of lease agreements with the landlord, Unibail-Rodamco Polska.
- Advising Scientific Publishing House of PWN S.A. on the acquisition of a plot of land in Warsaw, together with a construction project and a permit for the construction of an office building with a usable area in excess of 10,000 m2.
- Advising the Kulczyk Holding group on many construction investments and representing companies from the group before administrative courts.
- Advising CH Stara Papiernia on the expansion of a shopping centre.
- Advising the Egurrola Dance Studio on the negotiation of rental agreements for premises in a number of shopping centres, including Blue City in Warsaw and Manufaktura in Łódź, and renegotiating the terms of agreements already concluded.
We have an unparalleled experience in representing Clients in administrative and court proceedings, as well as in projects related to the application of the public law.
We represent Clients before organs of public administration and administrative courts, as well as in cassation cases before the Supreme Administrative Court in Warsaw.
Our practice in the field of administrative and public law is recognized in the prestigious EMEA Legal 500 ranking.
- Advising TVN S.A. on issues related to administrative and construction law and representing the Client before administrative courts.
- Advising "Polish Airports" State Enterprise in administrative and judicial-administrative proceedings concerning the modernization of Terminal 1 of the Warsaw Chopin Airport, in particular in obtaining the so-called airport special decision and its forced execution.
- Advising EPA Wind Sp. z o.o. Sp.k. in proceedings before organs of state administration and courts in connection with numerous projects involving the construction of wind farms in Poland.
- Advising Omya on the start-up of a chalk mine, including administrative and judicial-administrative proceedings related to obtaining environmental decisions, water permits and mining concessions, as well as advising on the construction procedure.
- Advising the Warsaw Museum of Modern Art on administrative procedures related to the construction of the new museum building.
- Advising PKP PLK S.A. on administrative procedures related to environmental protection and a construction process.
- Representing Rajpol Sp. z o.o. (the largest organisation of fruit producers in Poland) and Passat - Stal S.A. (a company from the Bowim Group) in a dispute with a financing institution about EU funding.
- Representing an international logistics company in audit and tax proceedings.
- Advising "Polish Airports" State Enterprise in administrative and judicial-administrative proceedings concerning access to public information.
We offer bankruptcy law advisory to both businesses and individuals, including:
- advising on bankruptcy and post-bankruptcy proceedings;
- representing creditors in proceedings (including challenging lists of receivables);
- advising on cross-border bankruptcy;
- advising on the ineffectiveness of legal actions taken to the detriment of creditors;
- advising on criminal liability for offences related to breaches of creditors’ interests.
We offer restructuring advisory, including:
- conducting restructuring proceedings;
- advising on issues related to the liability of management board members;
- advising on liability for a company's obligations;
- advising on civil and criminal liability for failing to file a bankruptcy petition on time due to a ban on conducting business activity.
- Representing CEDC International Sp. z o.o., the largest distributor and producer of alcohol in Poland, in precedential proceedings concerning the effectiveness of a high-value encumbrance on a bankrupt’s assets.
- Representing MBC S.k.a. in a multifaceted dispute over an actio Pauliana about the ineffectiveness of the sale of assets worth nearly PLN100 million.
- Representing TU InterRisk S.A. in a precedential dispute about the effectiveness of securing a guarantor’s recourse claims of almost PLN20 million against the applicant.
- Advising TFI Pioneer Pekao on the rehabilitation proceedings of an issuer of bonds listed on Catalyst.
We advise Clients in civil, commercial, criminal, and administrative disputes, as well as in bankruptcy and restructuring disputes. We provide Clients with comprehensive claim management services, supporting them at every stage of the claim, from filing to court litigation.
We represent Clients before the National Appeals Chamber, Voivodship Administrative Courts, the Supreme Court and the Supreme Administrative Court.
We offer services such as:
- documentation analysis;
- representation in settlement or mediation proceedings;
- preparation of legal strategies;
- evaluation of potential courses of action and chances of a positive resolution;
- representation in proceedings in all instances, including the Supreme Court, the Supreme Administrative Court and the Constitutional Tribunal;
- representation before the European Court of Human Rights and other international institutions;
- representation before arbitration and conciliation courts and before the National Appeals Chamber.
In cooperation with our Clients, we use proven methods of dispute management, including dedicated software to handle court proceedings.
- Advising "Polish Airports" State Enterprise in disputes with PHZ Baltona S.A. and BH Travel Retail Poland sp. z o.o. concerning the termination of the lease agreements for 11 duty free & travel retail premises at the Warsaw Chopin Airport.
- Advising "Polish Airports" State Enterprise, Hochtief Polska S.A. and Hochtief Solutions AG in disputes concerning the suspension of the modernization of Terminal 1 of the Warsaw Chopin Airport.
- Advising "Polish Airports" State Enterprise in court disputes concerning the construction of the Marriott Hotel at the Warsaw Chopin Airport.
- Advising "Polish Airports" State Enterprise in a dispute with PETROLOT concerning access to a railway terminal and an aviation fuel storage installation.
- Advising the AGP consortium – responsible for building the central section of the second metro line in Warsaw - in disputes arising from the realization of the project.
- Advising Fabe Group in disputes concerning the construction of the A1 motorway and the S7 expressway.
- Advising Przedsiębiorstwo Robót Komunikacyjnych S.A. on claims arising from construction engineering contracts related to roads and railway track works.
Real estate disputes
- Representing Tempo sp. z o.o. in disputes related to development activities (including investment projects involving STRABAG, Porr, and Hochtief).
- Representing TU InterRisk S.A. in a dispute with Gdańska Infrastruktura Wodno-Kanalizacyjna Sp. z o.o. regarding construction activities.
- Representing Teesland in a dispute related to the settlement of the legal status of real estate, including the reconciliation of the land register with the actual legal status.
- Representing the owner of one of the most prestigious buildings in Warsaw in a real estate dispute worth PLN 55 million in connection with the decree on ownership and use of land in the Capital City of Warsaw.
- Representing a leading FMCG company in a precedential dispute over the ineffectiveness of mortgages (worth around PLN15 million) established by a bankrupt company to secure the liabilities of its sister company.
- Advising Miasteczko Twinpigs sp. z o.o. and Planeton sp. z o.o. on court cases concerning the management and maintenance of an amusement park.
- Representing TU InterRisk S.A. in a precedential case before the Supreme Court concerning a guarantee of the payment of a customs debt and a guarantee of the proper performance of a contract of a total value of over PLN15 million.
- Representing the largest Polish petrochemical company in business disputes with a value of PLN64 million and PLN46 million.
- Representing a company in disputes with the State Treasury of a total value of PLN35 million.
- Representing the management board members of an IT company listed on NewConnect in criminal proceedings before the Supreme Court in connection with the company's use of confidential information belonging to another company.
- Advising on a corporate dispute concerning a company from the Rank Progress S.A. Group.
- Advising on the revocation of resolutions of the Meeting of Shareholders and the General Meeting of Shareholders for Rank Progress, City Inspire S.A., Agena Development S.A., Odmet S. A., C. Hartwig - Warsaw S.A., and ZM Mośbrody sp. z o.o.
- Advising on the confirmation of invalidity of resolutions of the Supervisory Board of Ageny Development S.A.
- Advising on the exclusion of a shareholder for the companies of the Rank Progress Group, ZM Mośbrody sp. z o.o. and Mago S.A.
- Advising companies from the Rank Progress group on the obligation to transfer shares/stocks.
- Representing the partners of Mago S.A., Odmet S.A. and Agena Development S.A. in criminal proceedings concerning activity harmful to the company.
- Advising on compensation for a company from a management board member for the improper performance of the board.
- Representing the National Sports Centre in a dispute over a management contract
- Advising in a dispute between the shareholders of a joint-stock company related to an attempt to disrupt the activities of companies from the group by one shareholder - holding 1/3 of the share capital - that commenced competitive activity.
- Advising in a dispute between the shareholders of a leading distributor of technology for the rail industry.
- Representing Crawford Polska and WYG International in employment law disputes.
- Representing Orange S.A. (formerly Telekomunikacja Polska S.A.) and TP Ditel S.A. in disputes related to regulated activities.
- Participating in regulatory proceedings before the Office of Electronic Communications, the President of the Office of Competition and Consumer Protection, the Financial Supervision Authority, and the President of the Energy Regulatory Office.
- Representing the largest Polish telecom in a dispute concerning PLN264 million compensation, the payment of PLN45 million in damages, and in proceedings for the imposition of a PLN100 million administrative fine.
Unfair competition disputes
- Advising "Polish Airports" State Enterprise in court proceedings concerning, including, among others, the dissemination of false and misleading information about the legal and economic situation of the company.
- Advising CGH Polska sp. z o.o. on a dispute concerning a breach of contractual and statutory competition restrictions and the disclosure of trade secrets.
- Advising FremantleMedia in pre-trial negotiations concerning copyright infringement, competition law and personal rights.
- Advising a chemical company on claims concerning misleading product markings.
- Representing Orange S.A. (formerly Telekomunikacja Polska S.A.) and TP Ditel S.A. in disputes relating to acts of unfair competition.
- Representing the management board members of an IT company listed on NewConnect in a precedential case concerning criminal liability for breaching the law on combating unfair competition.
We offer public procurement advisory, including:
- advising both contractors and contracting parties in public procurement projects;
- supporting Clients at all stages of the tender procedure and the performance of the public procurement contract;
- advising contractors and contracting parties on legal remedies, including representation before the National Appeal Chamber and before common courts;
- representing Clients in proceedings concerning the invalidity of public procurement contracts;
- representing Clients in cases concerning increases in the contractor's remuneration and the contractor's liability for the non-performance or improper performance of an obligation.
- Advising Gülermak Heavy Industries Construction & Contracting Co. Inc. on a public procurement concerning, among other things, the construction of the second metro line in Warsaw, the construction of a multimodal railway station in Łódź, the southern bypass of Warsaw, and the tunnel under the Vistula River in Warsaw.
- Advising Borusan Manesmann Boru Sanayi Ve Ticaret A.Ş. on public procurements covering deliveries for the construction of transit gas pipelines in Poland.
- Advising cities and other local government units on public procurement proceedings, including the cities of Gdansk, Poznan and Opole.
- Advising and representing Kinnarps Polska Sp. z o.o., an office furniture supplier, in a number of public procurement procedures.
- Advising Gas Transmission Operator GAZ-SYSTEM S.A. on proceedings involving, among other things, a project for the construction of a submarine pipeline linking the natural gas transmission systems of Denmark and Poland.
- Advising Bayer Polska on public procurement.
- Advising Egis Polska Distribution in tenders for the delivery of generic medicines.
- Advising the General Prosecutor's Office on the first ever order for an information system to digitize the files of criminal proceedings.
- Representing Sater Otwock in Poland's largest tender for the collection of municipal waste in the Capital City of Warsaw.
- Advising and representing the Polish Power Grid Network S.A. in tender procedures for the construction of energy infrastructure.
- Representing PKP PLK S.A. in a precedential dispute concerning the refund of a bid security deposit paid after the binding bid deadline.
We offer competition law advisory, including:
- advising on the restriction of competition, including the handling of cartel cases using the leniency programme, and on vertical agreements;
- advising on the abuse of a dominant position;
- advising on concentration control;
- preparing and implementing compliance programmes and conducting training;
- advising on public aid;
- advising on unfair competition matters;
- advising on consumer protection, including unfair contractual clauses.
- Advising CEDC International Sp. z o.o., the biggest distributor and producer of alcohol in Poland, on the violation of competition law to the detriment of customers.
- Advising the Ministry of Sport and Tourism on state aid law, including in connection with the operation of the National Stadium in Warsaw.
- Representing a leading Polish bank in disputes concerning mortgages denominated in CHF.
- Representing PWW Sp. z o.o. in a precedential dispute concerning a breach of competition law through exclusivity clauses in a lease agreement.
- Advising Rank Progress S.A. in proceedings before the Office of Competition and Consumer Protection regarding violations of competition law in lease agreements.
- Advising the company TOPAZ on concentration-related matters concerning the establishment of joint ventures with other leading retail networks in Poland.
- Advising FremantleMedia in pre-trial negotiations on copyright infringement, competition law, and personal rights.
We offer intellectual property law advisory, including:
- advising on the trading and licensing of intellectual property rights and the protection of intellectual property on the internet;
- advising on industrial property rights, including the management of trademarks, patents, utility models and industrial designs;
- representing Clients in disputes concerning the protection of trademarks, industrial designs, utility models and patents;
- advising on the protection of personal data and representing Clients before Inspector General for Personal Data Protection;
- advising on database protection;
- advising cultural institutions.
- Advising Rank Progress S.A. on the protection of trademarks, know-how and technology rights.
- Representing EGA Sp. z o.o. Sp. k., a power tool manufacturer, in a number of trademark registration disputes before Office for Harmonization in the Internal Market, Patent Office of the Republic of Poland and courts.
- Advising Cloud Technologies S.A., one of the largest Polish providers of cloud-based solutions, on personal data protection.
- Representing Rank Recycling Energy in negotiations with WTEC Canada in connection with a licence for a pioneering installation for the thermal treatment of municipal waste.
- Advising MJM S.A. on industrial property rights, trademark infringement disputes and disputes with Association of Stage Writers and Composers.
- Representing Martel Sp. z o.o., a major European office furniture manufacturer, in a utility model infringement dispute.
- Advising the Ministry of Sport and Tourism on potential infringements of copyrights and trademark rights.
- Advising CEDC International Sp. z o.o., the largest distributor and producer of alcohol in Poland, on computer program licences.
We offer employment law advisory, including:
- concluding, modifying and terminating individual employment contracts;
- developing and implementing motivation and employee-shareholding schemes;
- concluding and executing managerial contracts;
- transferring employment establishments to new employers;
- advising on collective disputes;
- advising on trade union legislation;
- advising on social security legislation;
- representing Clients in disputes and proceedings before the Labour Inspectorate and the Polish Social Insurance Institution, including criminal and administrative responsibility for the infringement of employment law.
- Advising Wizz Air Airlines on international employment law issues.
- Representing Wizz Air Airlines in disputes with flight crew in connection with the effectiveness of the choice of a foreign law as the law applicable to the employment relationship.
- Advising Gracciosa Sp. z o.o., a network of sports goods stores, on employment restructuring.
- Advising companies from the Ever Group on managerial contracts and employee shareholding.
- Representing a company from the CEDC International group, the largest distributor and producer of alcohol in Poland, in cases concerning the infringement of competition law.
- Representing HANNAH and a number of other companies in proceedings before ZUS concerning establishing the existence of a mandate contract in place of a specific task contract.
- Representing American Express Poland in a precedential case to determine the existence of an employment relationship with a person employed under an agency contract.
We offer advisory services to the sports sector, including:
- preparing application documents related to the organization of international sporting events;
- advising on the organization and implementation of volunteer sports programmes;
- developing legal and organizational concepts for the construction and management of sports infrastructure;
- advising on the preparation and negotiation of contracts for participation in sports competitions;
- advising on the preparation and negotiation of sponsorship agreements.
We cooperate with international companies that have many years of experience in developing communications strategies, building the sports profile of cities, and lobbying in international sports organizations.
- Advising the Minister of Sport and Tourism on developing a concept for the management of the National Stadium in Warsaw, as well as preparing and negotiating the Stadium management contract.
- Advising the UEFA's SPV and developing legal concepts for volunteer sports programmes, as well as advising on issues related to the security of sports events.
- Advising the City of Poznań in the process of preparing an offer for the International Olympic Committee for the organization of the Second and Third Summer Youth Olympics in 2014 and 2018.
- Advising the Ministry of Sport and Tourism on drafting the Act on the Preparation of the Final Tournament of the UEFA EURO 2012 European Football Championship.
- Advising the Ministry of Sport and Tourism on preparing the draft of the Regulation of the Council of Ministers on the conditions for entrusting a special purpose vehicle with the management of buildings constructed for the realization of EURO 2012 undertakings.
- Preparing a report for the City of Wroclaw examining the impact of preparatory work related to its application to organise the Expo 2012 event on the preparation and organization of UEFA EURO 2012 matches.
- Advising the organizers of friendly football matches with FC Barcelona, Real Madrid FC, ACF Fiorentina and BVB Borussia Dortmund, including negotiating agreements with the clubs and advising on ongoing organizational matters.
- Advising the organizer of the Lotto Kamila Skolimowska Memorial Athletics meeting in Warsaw on the agreement with the sprinter Usain Bolt concerning his performance at the event.
- Advising LOTOS Group S.A. in negotiations concerning a sponsorship agreement (titular sponsor) with a leading club from the top division of Polish football (Ekstraklasa).
- Advising Calypso Fitness, a leading Polish fitness club operator, on the acquisition of an organized part of Holmes Place Poland.
- Advising in transactions related to the consolidation of the fitness sector, including the establishment of the Egurrola Fitness Club and the development of investment agreements for the Calypso Fitness Club.
- Advising the Minister of Sport and Tourism on the preparation of the Polish part of the Polish-Ukrainian bid to organise the UEFA EURO 2012 European Football Championship.
- Advising the Minister of Sport and Tourism on the preparation of potential legislative solutions and a draft act and regulation related to the organization of the UEFA EURO 2012 European Football Championship, as well as providing support in the legislative process.
- Advising the organizer of the Lotto Lubelskie Cup football tournament, including negotiating agreements with the clubs participating in the tournament, as well as advising on ongoing organizational matters.
- Advising the City of Poznań on the organization of international swimming events.
- Advising a British investor on the acquisition of over 100 hectares of real estate near Warsaw to build a golf course.
- Advising the City of Opole on a tender procedure under the Public-Private Partnership Act aimed at finding a private partner to modernize, repair and extend a sports and entertainment hall
- Advising the City of Szczecin on the potential impact on public debt of the construction of a water park within the framework of a public-private partnership.